RALEIGH – Gov. Pat McCrory has reappointed several trustees to state university system schools and appointed new members Jan King Robinson (Elizabeth City State University), Bridget Chisholm (Fayetteville State Univerisity), and Rajan Shamdasani (Fayetteville State).
The following biographical sketches of the appointments were released by the governor’s office Tuesday:
East Carolina University Board of Trustees
- Edwin Clark (Pitt County) – Clark graduated from ECU with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and is the executive president of WilcoHess LLC, which operates convenience stores and travel plazas throughout the southeastern United States. He also serves as managing member Amicus Investments LLC, a private equity investment company, and as a member of the executive board of the ECU Education Foundation. He is an active member of the community, having served as president of the Greenville Little League and an officer in the J.H. Rose High School Athletic Boosters Club. This is a reappointment.
- Kieran Shanahan (Wake County) – Shanahan is a former federal prosecutor and an experienced litigator with extensive trial court experience in federal and state courts around the country. He is also a Certified Mediator with substantial Alternative Dispute Resolution experience. As a principal in Shanahan Law Group, he handles a wide variety of cases. His non-litigation experience is substantial and includes general business, corporate and banking advice to small- and medium-sized companies. Shanahan also served as McCrory’s secretary of the Department of Public Safety from January through July 2013. This is a reappointment.
Elizabeth City State University Board of Trustees
- Fred Yates (Perquimans County) – Yates is the mayor of the town of Winfall, N.C. He is a former member of the ECSU Foundation Board, Board of Trustees and a trustee emeritus. This is a reappointment.
- Jan King Robinson (Pasquotank County) – Robinson owns King Robinson and Associates, a management consulting firm that opened in August 1997. She has worked with several medical companies and organizations and has held titles such as vice president of operations of medical centers and interim president of Albemarle Health. She earned a law degree at the University of Pennsylvania, a master’s degree at Northwestern and bachelor’s at Stanford.
Fayetteville State University Board of Trustees
- Bridget Chisholm (Guilford County) – Chisholm is the President, CEO, and Founder of BWC Consulting, LLC. She founded the company in 2002 to provide the public and private sectors advice, analysis and in-residence services in the areas of strategy, finance, brand management, deal valuation, mergers, and franchising. Clients include colleges and universities, municipalities, and developers. She has over 25 years of business experience with a variety of companies and in 2014, she was appointed to the Governor’s HUB Advisory Council.
- Rajan Shamdasani (Cumberland County) – Shamdasani is the Founder of American Uniform Sales, Inc. in Fayetteville. Additionally, he is also involved in the real estate development business in the Fayetteville area as well as other parts of North Carolina and in Texas. In his free time, he is involved with various community groups such as The Fayetteville Symphony, Fayetteville Airport Commission, chair of the Center for Entrepreneurship at Fayetteville State University and Member of Dean’s Advisory Board at Fayetteville State University.