By Drew Elliot and Donna King
Dear Jones & Blount readers,
Over the past six months, we have faithfully provided you with coverage of state government and politics. We have covered the big stories. We have broken big stories. We have helped you keep politicians, bureaucrats, pressure groups, and the news media honest and accountable.
Today we’re breaking another story – and it’s a good one. Beginning in early 2016, Jones & Blount will become part of the new North State Journal, North Carolina’s only statewide newspaper.
The North State Journal will be delivered to subscribers Tuesday through Friday, plus Sunday. Our reporters and analysts will bring you a fresh perspective: from national and world news to the state news and sports you care about – plus business, opinion, features, and more.
- News – State and national stories and the big news, events, and issues of the day in North Carolina.
- Business – Your daily dashboard for navigating the economic stories from across the state and nation.
- Sports – Taking readers beyond the box scores for college and professional sports in North Carolina.
- North Statement – Our opinion section, which values results over intentions and recognizes the responsibilities of a free press in a democratic society.
- North State of Mind – An innovative features section that allows readers to explore our entire state through people, places and events.
The North State Journal is North Carolina’s only statewide newspaper. Our charge: to help North Carolinians elevate the conversation, ﬁnd common ground, and deepen their appreciation for our great state.
Home delivery will begin in early 2016. Visit NSJonline.com to learn more.